Re: can a gateway, gatekeeper act as a proxy

You should read the manual. There are a bunch of ScreenXXX options
to hide calling party's identity.

----- Original Message -----
From: "meix" <meix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 2:19 AM

Our gnugk is running in proxy mode, so I suppose we can hide the IP and H323 ID of the originator from
the terminating end. But suprisingly it does not do so.

I configured the gk as a gateway too. ([endpoint] type=gateway). At the same time, it send call
to its neighbore. (our terminating end).

Is the neighbore setting gives our the secrete? If it is, is any workaround?

Our situation is we can only route calls to our terminating end by their gatekeeper. And we need to hide
the originating IP. How can we do that?

Can anybody shed a light to me on this issue? Thanks in advance!