Re: gatekeeper 2.2b5 & FreeBSD 4.x

> On Monday 30 August 2004 17:23, Vladimir Botka wrote:
> Hi,
> you did not portupgrade with the -R option (that is in the part of my
> 1st email you left out). But, no problem. Portupgrade again. This
> time I would

I did not originally use portupgrade because the nameservers I was using
beloned to an ISP who I no longer use, and he withdrew his nameservice
from me. I now run my own nameserver (Which I needed to do anyway)

I am used to using portupgrade where i have a port installed from the
ports collection, and it fetches the appropriate distfiles.

> recommend:
> > portupgrade -Rf

I tried - it reported that both old and new versions were installed, so
I did pkg_delete for both, and then reinstalled the one in the ports
collection, and did a portupgrade.

> Try and read "man portupgrade".

I have read it - it seems to say much the same as it always did ;-)

Are you suggesting I should use port upgrade to install the packages
(not to do an upgrade with -Rf) ? as in portupgrade -P

regards

Andrew