Re: 2.2Beta4

> On Saturday 21 August 2004 14:50, Jan Willamowius wrote:
> I think this is what Andrew meant all along and this is very usefull
>
> information:
> > At run time, when the missiing code is invoked, it has the error
> > "Unable to create object PostGreSQL"
>
> [...]
>
> > GNUGK is clearly able to detect the error, and report it. The level
> > needs to  be promoted to fatal.
>
> Now we can check if the situation is always fatal (not sure if it is)
> and the gatekeeper should halt, or if the error message just needs to
> be upgrade a few levels.

My complaint was that it is not fatal - thus allowing the gk to continue
runnig with no logging of usage - ie users get to exploit the system
for free.

> Error reports that sound like "it doesn't work, so GnuGk should
> obviously detect and fixit" aren't quite as helpful. That's what
> prompted my half-funny remark.

That was not the way I intended it. My complaint was that GnuGk HAD
detected it, but failed to attract the operator's attention to a
potentially hideously expensive accident. Furthermore, the underlying
fault has been around for some time (code omitted from beta4).

It is hard for me to give detailed error reports because I am unable to
run the GK computer and the e-mail computer simultaneously, and have to
rely on my notes.

regards

Andrew