Re[2]: RADIUS based call routing

Thursday, August 19, 2004, 2:19:25 PM, Ousmane wrote:

OW>   TJ> Hello!

OW> Hi,

OW>   TJ> I'm using 2.2 from CVS and see in changelog: Ability to set call
OW>   TJ> destination in auth modules. RADIUS based call routing.

OW> Very cool, isn't it?
Yeah, I like it :)

OW>   TJ> Could somebody show me how to use this type of routing?  In
OW>   TJ> radauth.cxx I found that h323-redirect-number and
OW>   TJ> h323-redirect-ip-address attributes may be used for this.

OW> The `sqlbill' in `contrib' directory shows a way to do it with
OW> Freeradius call to `radius_get_check_attrs' PostgreSQL function. IIRC
OW> these attributes aren't explicitely used in `sqlbill' (they're too way
OW> specific to be used in such an application as explained by Michal few
OW> days ago) but you'll get the idea reading the radius_functions.sql and
OW> code your routing logic using your weighting alogorithm.
In meanwhile I found the docs/radauth.txt file in 2_0 branch (could it
be added to 2_2 as well?). It has some valuable information.
Thanks for the advice, I will check sqlbill as well.

OW>   TJ> If I rewrite the called number with h323-redirect-number, will
OW>   TJ> it pass through number rewriting rules again? How is it handled?

OW> No they won't pass through the number rewriting engine again (If I
OW> readed correctly)! And I don't see a simultaneous usage of both
OW> schemes, but it may exist.
I agree that it won't go through global rewriting rules, but probably
it should go (I will check) through GWRewriteE164 rules.
If I'm right when RADIUS based routing applies, the routing is stated
as explicit. So when I have RoutingPolicy Default=neighbor,explicit I
will it mean that 1st neighbors will be tryed? Maybe I mixed up some
terms, could somebody enlighten me up?

OW>   TJ> Will h323-redirect-ip-address work for permanent gateways,
OW>   TJ> registered endpoints and neighbors as well?

OW> Definitely.
Good!

OW>   TJ> I didn't find anything about in manuals and I'm not very
OW>   TJ> familiar with code (yet).

OW>   TJ> Thanks in advance, Thomas

OW> Regards,

OW> PS: A great kudo to Michal for his way of dealing with questions.
OW> having hanged around few Free Software/Open Source projects, it's a
OW> pleasure to see him answering to everybody with respect and
OW> consideration regardless to the nature of the question (html emails,
OW> RTFM, etc). Thanks you Michal.

OW> --
OW> Ousmane Wilane
Yes! Viva Michal! :)