Re: asterisk & gnugk & voip phone

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 17:10:12 +0200, Maros RAJNOCH <ml_gnugk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have some questions to understand interoperability among asterisk,
> gnugk and voip phones.
>
> I setup ASTERISK with quadBRI card, connected via ISDN BRI line to PSTN
> asterisk has support for H323 by oh323 channel module.
>
> Now I get my voip phone and I am ready for incoming and outgoing calls.
>
> Problem is, outgoing calls must be in format like: <phone#>@<asterisk_IP>
> what is quite uncomfortable.
>
> my voip phones support gatekeeper. I can setup GK IP in the phone, and
> from that moment I need not dial with IP suffix (@IP).
>
> Am I right?
>
> Problem is I have no idea how to setup asterisk and gnugk to bilateral
> interoperability.
>
> Can anybody help me, or sends link to manual (tutorial) for * & gnugk
> co-operation?
>
> BTW: What I need?: I need to plug voip phone to switch with my PBX
> (computer with asterisk and gnugk) and in voip dial simple phone#
> (without any IP) to call to PSTN, and dial some extensions for other
> voip phones in the same switch.
>
>           +--------+
>           |   A    |
>   PSTN    |   S  G |          +----+
>   --------+   T  N |          | s  +---------------- voip phone 1
>           |   E  U |          | w  |
>           |   R  G |          | i  +---------------- voip phone 2
>           |   I  K |          | t  |
>           +   S    +----------+ c  +---------------- voip phone 3
>           |   K    |          | h  |                 ...
>           +--------+          +----+
>
> So how to setup gnugk and asterisk to route call like this ascii art:
>
> dial pstn# ----> voip phone ----> gnugk ----> asterisk ----> pstn
>
> Thanks you very much for your help.

Hi,

The readme for Oh323 module has got some examples showing configuring
Gnugk with *.

As far as ur requirement is concerned, it will be like

dial pstn# ---->asterisk(at location 1)-->gnugk--> voip phone(at location 2)

This is a typical PSTN to PC  and vice versa scenerio achieved using *
and gatekeeper.

For PSTN TO PSTN

dial pstn# ---->asterisk(at location 1)-->gnugk--> asterisk(at
location2)-->PSTN#

OR

dial pstn# ---->asterisk(at location 1) --> asterisk(at location2)-->PSTN#

The last scenerio will use IAX to communicate.

Keep in mind that asterisk starts acting as a pstn-ip Gateway  when we
configure it with oh323 or chan-h323 module.

--
Manoj Kr. Gupta (MKG)
"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind