Re: [ MyHost ( MyPhone-GnuGK ) ] - [ MyWall ( NAT )] - Internet - [ Voxgratia ( OpenAM ) ]

Michal,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I think I have tried that in the past too.

Anyway, I tried it again, after adding
the 'Home=<MyPublicIPaddress>' directive.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to help :-(

I found the - relevant(?) - information below in
the GnuGK manual and thus in addition tried to set
'NetworkInterfaces' to my public IP (w/ mask bits).

* # Home=192.168.1.1
* Default: 0.0.0.0
*
* The gatekeeper will listen for requests on this IP number.
* By default, the gatekeeper listens on all interfaces of your host.
* You should leave out this option, unless you want the gatekeeper
* only to bind to a specified IP.
*
* # NetworkInterfaces=192.168.1.1/24,10.0.0.1/0
* Default: N/A
*
* Specify the network interfaces of the gatekeeper. By default the
* gatekeeper will detect the interfaces of your host automatically.
* There are two situations that you may want to use this option.
* One is automatical detection failed, another is the gatekeeper is
* behind an NAT box and allow endpoints with public IPs to register
* with. In this case you should set the option just as the gatekeeper
* is running on the NAT box.

That didn't seem to improve things either though. :-(

Any more ideas/suggestions?

BTW, considering that my NAT/Firewall supports H.323 and seems to work fine with MyPhone when not routing via the GnuGK I assume my firewall does *not* remap port. Isn't that a reasonable assumtion?

Best Regards, Rolf Sponsel

Michal Zygmuntowicz wrote:

As far as I remember, setting Home to your public IP
should solve your issue (assuming your firewall/NAT does
not remap ports). I personally found this working in 2.0,
but it should also work fine in 2.2, I guess.