[ MyHost ( MyPhone-GnuGK ) ] - [ MyWall ( NAT )] - Internet - [ Voxgratia ( OpenAM ) ]

Hello everyone on the opehh323gk-users list! :-)

I'm *new to the list* and to GnuGK; and thus
have a lot of, probably, "naive" questions ;-)

But, *please* bear with me! I'm trying to learn.

I spent the whole weekend 4 weeks ago reading
and trying to figure out how to make MyPhone
work using the GnuGK as a proxy - but I always
seemed to fail. :-(

___________
Environment

Platform: Windows/NT 4.0

Software:

- GnuGK 2.2 beta 4	( binary downloaded from
			  http://gnugk.org/h323develop.html )
- MyPhone 0.2b12	( binary downloaded from
			   http://myphone.sourceforge.net/ )

Network Topology:

		+------------------------+
		| openam @ voxgratia.org |	    ???
		+------------------------+

			Internet (I)

		+------------------------+
		| mywall @ somewhere.org |	Firewall/NAT
		+------------------------+

			Localnet (L)

		+------------------------+
		| myhost @ my-local-net  |	Local Machine
		+------------------------+
		|          /\  (b)       |
		|         /  \           |
		|   (a)  /  GnuGk        |
		|       /    /           |
		|     MyPhone            |
		|                        |
		+------------------------+

Configuration:

# Gatekeeper.ini

[Gatekeeper::Main]
Fourtytwo=42
TimeToLive=300

[GkStatus::Auth]
rule=explicit
127.0.0.1=allow
default=forbid

[RoutedMode]
GKRouted=1
H245Routed=1
CallSignalPort=1721
CallSignalHandlerNumber=1
AcceptNeighborsCalls=0
AcceptUnregisteredCalls=0
RemoveH245AddressOnTunneling=1
DropCallsByReleaseComplete=1
SendReleaseCompleteOnDRQ=1
SupportNATedEndpoints=1
Q931PortRange=30000-39999
H245PortRange=40000-49999

[Proxy]
Enable=1
T120PortRange=50000-59999
RTPPortRange=50000-59999

# EOF

__________ Background

In order to verify that MyPhone works for making
non-gatekeeper routed call, I've been using the
openam service kindly provided by VoxGratia.org.

After having entered my public IP-address (i.e.
the public address of "MyFirewall") in MyPhone's
'Settings->Network-NAT router' field, I can call
openam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and listen to that message.
(If I don't specify the 'NAT router' it will fail).

This corresponds to the route (a) - (L) - (I)
in the Network Topology above.

_________
Challenge

Now I want to achive the same result, by proxying
the call via GnuGK i.e. using route (b) - (L) - (I).

I can't make that work. MyPhone registers with GnuGK
and a connection seems to be established with openam,
but I never get to hear the message.

I've "fiddled" around with the gnugk config file
but haven't managed to make it work. (See below)

I've even tried making "MyHost@my-local-net" an
"exposed server".

__________
Conclusion

This leads me to believe I have to specify my public IP
somewhere in the GnuGK config. But where and how?

It could - of course - also be that MyPhone and GnuGK
don't get along very well. I cannot judge and therefore
I cc this message to the author of MyPhone, Michael Gerdov
(who BTW is not subscribed to the openh323gk-users list).

Or the GnuGK 2.2 beta 4 proxy mode is broken?

./.

Any *help* in order to make me advance
with this would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,