Re: AcceptUnregisteredCalls and RadAliasAuth setup problem

>There is a new "SetupUnreg" Gatekeeper::Auth tag in the cvs that triggers
>authentication for unregistered endpoints only, so you config should translate
>to something like:
>
>[Gatekeeper::Auth]
>RadAuth=optional;RRQ,ARQ
>RadAliasAuth=sufficient;RRQ,ARQ,SetupUnreg
>
>Having Acct-Stop without Acct-Start actually can often quite often, if no signalling
>channel has been opened. For example, ARQ has been received and the call record
>timed out. I am sure you can easily detect this situation inside a trigger, whether Acct-Stop
>inserts a new call record (no Acct-Start) or just updates an existing one.
>Also I am not sure if it is a good idea to keep track of simultaneous calls via acct-start/acct-stop.

So, what would you suggest as the right way to track simultaneous usage? It should be reliable and simple at the same time. Still, in any situation - couldn't gnugk remember if it had sent acct-start for some call before sending acct-stop?? Anyways, it's not right logic to stop accounting session without ever starting it (regardless Earth's magnetic field, or the way gnugk operates internally...) may be it's ok for other modules (cdr, filaacct,...) but not for radius.

>I can easily imagine some situation that will break this (network failure, gatekeeper crash)

If gnugk sent it correctly the only problem could be if gnugk dies during a call - in this case user's account stays blocked, but if gnugk fails I can automatically reset counters to zero for users. In any case it doesn't record blindly acct-start and acct-stop, in my billing actually there is not much problems with that (it operates in a more reliable way), but still it's not ok.