One way audio when using GNUgk 2.2 as proxy

Hi,

Per Kreipke sent me an email in which he requested I
explained what I did to solve one source of one way
audio.

The problem we had was when one endpoint made a call
to another endpoint through the GNUgk proxy we'd
sometimes ended up with one way adio. In our live
system this was approximately 25-40% of the calls,
on our testsystem it was > 50%. There were no
problems with calls between endpoints on the inside
or the outside of the proxy, just when going through
the proxy.

After some investigation I found that the endpoint on
the inside of the proxy was not sending RTP and RTCP
traffic from the ports it was supposed to but from
other ports.

In the UDPProxySocket there's some code to detect this
situation, but there was a bug in it, where for some
reason it started to send the UDP traffic not to the
destination, but to a random port on localhost, which
obviously doesn't work...

I've checked in a fix to GNUgk 2.2 to solve this
problem by checking if the destination address is
valid. If it is not, but there is another valid
destination address, use that. I know this sounds a
little weird and uncertain, but that's because there's
a number of variables where this address is saved and
it seems GNUgk can become confused and pick the wrong
one, while the correct one is known.

--
Andreas Sikkema                Rits tele.com
Scheepmakersstraat 11      3011 VH Rotterdam