----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Sikkema" <andreas.sikkema@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 10:07 AM

I'm looking into a problem I'm having on 2.2beta4.

Yesterday one of our servers died, and we had to
switch our MySQL alias authorization and password
authorization to a different machine (with the
same IP as the dead machine). So there was a
window where all those authorization (or is it
authentication?) failed. For some reason the
incoming full RRQ message is in that case never
removed from the incoming message queue.

The main result of this is that all endpoints that
want to newly register themselves, can never
register until the gatekeeper is restarted.

I have a workaround for this problem, but it is
unworkable because it involves manually
reconfiguring the endpoint with problems and we
have enough endpoints that this is very
inconvenient.

Am I the only one with these problems?

For those of you on Linux machines (or Cygwin), try
to grep through your logs for the string "Duplicate".
I have a ratio of 3-4 such lines per endpoint per
day which is a lot IMHO. This will also catch DRQ and
ARQ problems where possibly the same issue is
happening.

--
Andreas Sikkema                Rits tele.com
Scheepmakersstraat 11      3011 VH Rotterdam