Re: AcceptUnregisteredCalls security implications

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 16:18, Freddy Parra wrote:
> If proxying(h225,h245,rtp) is enable and AcceptUnregisterCalls=1, and your
> gateway or provider gateway is terminating over the pstn then yes it is
> possible for someone to terminate traffic on your dime. Of course they
> would have to know what inbound prefix rule if any will route from your
> Gnugk to the gateway terminating on the pstn.
>
> If its h225 routed only or h225 and h245 routed then I think but not 100
> percent sure, that the gateway would have to give access to both orignating
> source and switch on its access list. Maybe someone else can clarify on
> that.

understandable that most users would not want to register their GW with your
GW in order for you to terminate their traffic. correct, you can use dial
prefixes for both inbound and outbound traffic and use the re-write rules to
route. i also use the option to not accept unregistered enpoints but use the
permenant endpoint and also the neighbor section to select who i will allow
inbound and outbound traffic from. if you want to accept calls from an
unregistered endpoint, you can put him in neighbors section even tho he does
not send you an LRQ. this will now allow him to send you calls.

regards
ray