From: "derrickb" <derrickb@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 10:49 PM
Subject:  Alternate Routes:

Hi all..

Just got out of the office with my boss and I'm looking at a serious
request from him.

We are going to be using the GNUGK for wholesale routing, and we need
the ability to route to alternate endpoints for a single call..

Currently this is what I understand happens:

Call Comes in
Tries Endpoint
Call Rejected
Call is dropped

This is what I need:

Call comes in:
Tries Endpoint 1
Call Rejected
Tries Endpoint 2
Call Rejected
Tries Endpoint 3
Call is accpeted
Call is completed

The call reject can be for any reason, no circuit/channel avail,
rejected, out of order, etc....

Is anyone else working with an idea like this? If not, we start hacking
code on Monday!

The other thing we are going to look at is having the radius return a
rewritten E164... Will make our life so much easier...

We have a few ideas on how to approach this, but if anyone else is
interested, drop me a line!

Thanks,

Derrick Bradbury