Re: seeking H.323 <-> MGCP (User Agent) gateway

Thanks, Markus and Alexandre, for your replies.

Proxying of the media stream by Asterisk is indeed what I want.
Unfortunately, I believe (based on documentation and other forum
posts -- I have not looked at the code) that Asterisk can only
act as an MGCP Call Agent.  Unlike H.323 or SIP, which are
symmetrical (you send a SETUP or INVITE to make a call, you
receive SETUP or INVITE on incoming calls), MGCP is a master/slave
protocol.  I believe that Asterisk can send CRCX (CreateConnection)
commands, but not receive them.  Likewise, it can receive an NTFY
(Notify) command with dialed digits, but cannot generate one.
If I am wrong about this, or someone has added code to talk the
'slave' end of the protocol, please let me know.

Thanks,

Stewart