Conferencing topology with IP Multicast

Hi,

consulting a satellite service provider, we have been asked to setup a group
conferencing system.  We have decided for the OpenH323 GK software.

Now, we try to figure out how to setup the system so that it matches the
satellite topology.  Each H323 client will send its audio/video to the
gatekeeper via unicast that is installed at the satellite uplink.  The
gatekeeper shall re-emit these packets over IP Multicast to all
participants.

If it is a problem that the connection between the originator of the
audio/video packets to the GK is in unicast, we could also tunnel the
packets as Multicast packets.

Any insights about how such a configuration could be setup or refernces to
existing documentation that discusses similar setups would be highly
welcome.

The enduser applications should be NetMeeting, but might be changed to
different Windows based applications, if NetMeeting would pose a problem in
this scenario.

Kind regards,
AJ

--