Re: Re[2]: New to gnukg - Please help

The core dump file can be used to retrieve information about the crash.
The most important information is the point when the crash occured
- this information is called "stack backtrace".
You can get this info (let's say core dump file is named "core.123")
using "gdb" program:

  gdb ./simph323 -core ./core.123

and then entering "bt" command at the gdb prompt. Maybe there is also
another (simplier way) to get backtrace info...

The important issue is that the backtrace info is useful only if debugger
symbols are not stripped from the executable. So the compilation must
be performed with "-s" flag disabled and "-g" flag present. Optimizations
can be turned on. To strip the symbols from the executable (when these
are not required), "strip" command can be used.