Re: Max number of calls

I have just bought this config, will be here tomorrow. I plan to run in full proxy mode, I will keep the list up to date as per my capacity. Does anyone know of an up to date callgen program that can generate g729 codec calls?

Tyan Thunder K8w
    Onboard GigEth on PCI-X 100Mhz bus
4GB DDR 333Mhz RAM
Dual Opteron 240 CPUs
Mandrake 10 for AMD beta2 (2.6.3 Kernel)
WD 10,000 RPM SATA Drives (raid 1)

The GigEth will be plugged into GigEth Cisco Switch (uplinked via GigEth to 7204 Router with 6Mbps internet connection)

David Winter
Senior Network Engineer
Planet-Telecom, Inc.
Tampa FL
(813)901-5182 Office
(813)864-3162 Direct
(813)817-4204 Mobile
(813)881-9762 Fax
AIM:     mobofool
ICQ:      3563403
MSN:    dwinter@xxxxxx
Y!:        vt_fool

Jan Willamowius wrote:
There are a lot of factors for the performance numbers.
As a rule of thumb you can say that GnuGk can handle thousands of
concurrent calls in routed mode and hundred in proxy mode.

There is a list of equipment that people have used at
http://www.gnugk.org/interoperability.html

Alex Golyshev wrote:

Hi all.

Did you test the gnugk how much it can run a calls maximum?
 Also, how much gnugk is compatible with other different kind of
 gateways
in
the market (special that in the taiwan and Koreon) if we compared it
with some softswitches (gatekeepers) that are sold in the market?
 Regards
Bilal