Re: (no subject)

Thank you, on the second point it seems so far that the problem is fixed.

Regarding the first problem: a) the problem affects even NAT endpoints which
have fixed IP on the public IP network, although another NATed endpoint with
dynamic IP may have made some calls.  Could a persistent problem arise just
because a call is twice made from a NAted endpoint, each time with a different
public IP?  Or were you thinking of the possibility that the IP actually changed
during the course of a call (surely fatal, though I hope only to the call in
progress...)? I can assure that this did not happen....

I have looked at the output of 'netstat -apn | grep gnugk' when the problem is
occurring, and I can see a TCP session on port 1720 to the last calling terminal
in 'CLOSE WAIT', long after the call is finished, which does not happen when
everything is working well.  By the way, if another call is then made (which
doesn't work of course!), then there is still left such a session in 'CLOSE
WAIT', but it is not the same session as before...

Would it be of any use to make a level 5 trace when the calls are not being
properly connected?

thanks again...