Re: Billing unanswer call.

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 22:55, P. P. wrote:
> As far as I know gnugk sends Accounting-Start to radius on arq reception.
> It may take some time before the callee picks up, or even if doesn't, but
> when a call is terminated a way to determin its duration is to use
> Acct-SessionTime - it is *exactly* the time of active connection. If call
> wasn't initiated - it's probably set to 0. Or you may look at
> h323-disconnect-cause values also sent to radius.
>
> > Hi guys i can make the cisco to give a signal about this situation:
> >
> > i call from and ata my gateways is a cisco 3620 ...all is ok ..when a
> > put a call through the gateways it make the call ..but if the other end
> > do not pick up the phone the gk sendme a time of connection to the
> > billing system... and this is untrue...anybody have experience how to
> > configure the gk or the cisco so onlЯy send me a true connection???

i have read several of the threads on this topic and now i am interested but
have some unanswered questions and comments.

one comment suggests that the remote cisco is using analog ports. my question
is if correct, are they FXO or FXS. if FXS i fully understand the the gw
would get proper answer supervision using loop or ground start when the
remote party picks up phone. if they are FXO and tied to remote PSTN then the
call would be considered answered when ther FXO line goes off hook even if GW
is programmed to do an outdial to a remote number that is ringing.

in summarry, the remote GW should know when it is ringing an extension if the
extension port is programmed to send the GW proper answer signaling. if the
call is considered answered by the remote GW and donig an outdial or connect
to PSTN line, then to the GW, that call is complete.

ide like to know more about whats on the far end that does not work.
regards
ray