Re: LRQ

On Saturday 03 January 2004 11:21, Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
> Maybe you could show a fragment of the log file.
> Please note, that the gk 2.2 has much more sophisticated
> neighbor setup - see etc directory for some samples.
> It differs significantly from the 2.0.
>
> > sysmastergk --->gnugk------>cisco gk
> >
> > sysmaster sends LRQ to gnugk, gk performs re-write rule. re-written
> > number matches prefixes in neighbor setting in gnugk for cisco gk. call
> > is rejected with destination not found.
> >
> > if i  change this setting in gnugk to
> > AlwaysForwardLRQ=1
> > call goes through but does not generate CDR.

hi michal. thanks for your reply. odd my reply address on my home pc has
change. i need to take a look at that.

i guess my question if what happens when you select always forward LRQ. when i
select this, in the telent status i ger RIP message, call goes thru ok but i
dont get any CDR or call progress info. i have never used this setting
before. the manual makes reference to the hop count being ignored so i
increased the hop count but this did not chnage. odly, when
alwaysforwardneighbor is on, the debug log almost shows nothing. kind of like
it passed on the call quickly and hos nothing more to do.

yes i agree, 2.2 does work better with neighbors and re-writes. i questioned
earlier if any of this coding logic has been passed to 2.0 but i actually
dont think so as i still see in debug that re-writes take place but not
applied to neighbor prefixes.

anyways, hope you had a great holiday and good to see you back.
best regards
ray