Re: Radius accounting

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 10:24, Ventsislav Genchev wrote:
> I just can't cache the tiny little things that make something work..
>
> And there is no detailed information on how this works.. All I can find
> is that GnuGK supports Radius accounting.. ok.. that's great...
> Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote an excellent explanation on how his module
> works with radius server... that's great too.. but I couldn't manage to
> locate any information on how to setup the radius server and make it
> throw the information in some MySQL....

I can't speak for MySQL, but using freeradius and postgresql works quite
well.

Freeradius comes with some sample configs and schemas for VoIP billing
in the source (In the billing subdirectory), these should be fairly easy
to adapt to mysql.

You will want to use the CiscoVSA attributes option for the radius
module, and freeradius has an option to fix these (Normally the value
includes the attribute name in it: eg:   value="h232-conf-id=0 0 0 0".

See: http://www.freeradius.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/radiusd/src/billing/