Has anybody ever used ATAs behind a NAT box ??

I have been trying to setup an ATA behind a NAT box to connect to the gnugk but it never worked fully.
I have also been working with a cirilium gatekeeper and I get the same problem. The ATA working behind a NAT box in the H323 configuration fails in the RAS process.
The RAS meassages are lost and never get to the destination. This happens once the IP inside the RAS payload is an internal IP and not the public IP provided by the NAT box.

Does anybody knows if it is possible to change the configuration of the ATAs to send the correct IP in the Payload ?

Thanks