RE: Gateway Gatekeeper Registration Process

Michael is right. Also, you need to know what prefix your ATAs are sending, so for example, assuming based
on the number you dialed 14803053897198 the prefix is 1480 then do a rewrite on that prefix like this:

[RasSrv::PermanentEndpoints]
199.227.110.151=gw5300;8888

[RasSrv::RewriteE164]
1480=8888

Your prefix now becomes 8888 which will match your permanant endpoint(Gateway) and the gatekeeper will route it to this gateway.
Also you need to be aware that if the calls coming in are from a customer that's routing through you, you will need to hide the orginating customer and provider IPs otherwise your provider will know the IP address of your originating customer and originating customer will know IP address of provider. This is not good because they can then easily find out who it is and by pass you :(. Therefore, you need to set the gatekeeper up as routed mode and using proxy for rtp and rtcp stream so only IP address of your gatekeeper is shown.

This is what is finally sent to your provider:

88883053897198. Notice that your 1480 prefix is removed and replaced by 8888.
You need to ask your provider what prefix they are expecting.

Freddy

Assuming your provider is expecting a prefix of 8888.