From: Craig Southeren [mailto:craigs@postincrement.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 6:02 PM
To: James Lertora; openh323gk-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re:  Calls drop after 3 mins

James,

It would be useful to know if the connection is being hungup by the
endpoint, or the gatkeeper, or the gateway

I've seen this behaviour when the gatekeeper is not accepting the
lightweight RRQs from an endpoint, and the registration timeout is set to 3
minutes. After a while, the GK thinks the endpoint has gone away, so it
shuts down the call.

I've also seen it happen when an endpoint expected to get RTCP round trip
packets from a gateway, but the gateway did not send them, so the endpoint
hungup.

I've also see a gateway hangup a call because it was not receiving any RTP
packets and hence though the connection was down.

   Craig

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:33:27 -0500
"James Lertora" <jlertora@patton.com> wrote:

> Has anyone experienced calls being dropped after about 3 mins of
> talking? It can me timed and does at about 3 mins. Any takers ?
>

> James Lertora
> Technical Support
> Patton Electronics
> InAlp Networks
> http://www.patton.com
> http://www.inalp.com
> /=\=/=\=/=\=/=\=/=\=/=\=/=\ 0101010101010101010101010101010101
>
> Software/Drivers -->  http://upgrades.patton.com

 Craig Southeren, craigs@postincrement.com http://www.postincrement.com
Post Increment - Software, Consulting and Services  Co-founder of the only
open source H.323 project
 Phone: +61 2 43654666   Fax: +61 2 43673140   Mobile: +61 417 231046
 ICQ: #86852844          MSN: craig_southeren@hotmail.com
 GnuPG Public Key:  http://www.postincrement.com/pgp.txt
 Blog:              http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl87w7/blog/