iptables (IPCop) problems

For various reasons, I will be replacing my working internet gateway
router with an iptables based project called IPCop.  But in the few days
I've had to test out IPCop, I'm having trouble getting it to work with
gnugk.

I've currently got my working gnugk (v2.05) sitting behind my old
router.  All endpoints, both inside and outside the LAN, are able to
traverse the old router to function as expected.  This old router is, of
course, h.323 compliant.  However, when I substitute my old router with
IPCop, I lose some functionality.  All endpoints are still able to
register with gnugk and endpoints inside the LAN are able to call out
but now clients inside the LAN are not able to receive calls from
outside as they were able to with my old router.  Looking at a ttt log
seems to show that gnugk is receiving an ARQ but attempts to send back
an ACF fail for clients outside the LAN.

It was my understanding that iptables with the two h323 modules (this is
what IPCop provides)  would be h.323 compliant.  But looking around the
gnugk mailing lists and seeing all the questions people have had start
to make me wonder.

Does anyone have a working gnugk behind a iptables (Netfilter)
router/firewall?  Thanks for any input or suggestions!