freeradius + external CHAP auth

Hello All,

   I'm trying to authentificate CHAP users via radius with external script.
   I use FreeRadius 0.9.2, something like this:
     DEFAULT Auth-Type := Accept
        Exec-Program-Wait = "/usr/local/voip/bin/auth"

   And I have a trouble with CHAP. Earlier I've used XTRadius and it's
   worked fine. Can anyone give me an example how to calculate MD5
   digest on PERL for FreeRadius? Maybe there is some nuances?

   Best regards,
   Mike                  mike@yes.net.ua