Re: Rewriting E164 numbers after GW selection

The major reason would be flexibility and to ease configuration on gateways
that may not be under our control.

An example of this is where I want to use different prefixes to select
different gateways to exit a call (the call may be to a 0044 number) from
the IP network; prefixes are pushed on earlier by a TDM switch as part of a
routing plan (call now 1010044...). I would then setup GNUgk to send the
call to the appropriate endpoint:

[RasSrv::GWPrefixes]
GW1=100
GW2=101

I would then like to strip the prefix from the number that is then sent to
the gateway selected, so the gateway receives the number as was originally
dialled (as 0044... again).

Regards,

Ian Campbell

From: Zygmuntowicz Michal <m@on...>
2003-11-05 04:41

 And what could be the reason for such rewrite?