From: h323@ke.kiev.ua [mailto:h323@ke.kiev.ua]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 11:56 AM
To: openh323gk-developer@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: openh323gk-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject:  GnuGK bug report

Hello

Here is bug report for GnuGK 2.0x

OS: RedHat
Problem related to full proxy mode of GnuGK.

Problem was detected when two copy of GnuGK was run on different interfaces
on same PC (eth0=2.2.2.1 and eth0:0=2.2.2.2) and both was used in full proxy mode.
GnuGK N1 pipe H323 calls to other GnuGK N2.

Nothing wrong in trace logs. But quality of audio was total decraced (I can
not undertand anything, but at same time I hear audio channels).
>From my expirience it was look like as audio with 50% packets loss.
CPU is 2.4 MHz freq and CPU load is less then 1%.

No any firewall on PC. All under real IP's.
No any problems with routing, delays or packet drops on IP level.

>From my point of view - it is something with UDP sockets allocation
and one copy of GnuGK conflicts on RTP sockets level with other.
I was try set in [Proxy] section diffrerent port ranges for RTP
channels for GnuGK N1 INI and GnuGK N2 INI - but it was not make any
effect.

If I turn off full proxy in any GnuGK - N1 or N2 and leave it
in other - problem go away immidiately.

Can anybody make comments on this strange situation ?
How to solve it ?

Samples (for 2 endpoints and PC with GnuGK):
1) Only signaling mode routing GnuGK under IP=2.2.2.1

   Originator (1.1.1.1) => GnuGK (2.2.2.1) => Terminator (3.3.3.3)

   All FINE - no any problems.
2) Full proxy mode (signaling+RTP) GnuGK under IP=2.2.2.1

   Originator (1.1.1.1) => GnuGK (2.2.2.1) => Terminator (3.3.3.3)

   All FINE - no any problems.
3) PC with two IP's and two copy of GnuGK (binded to separate IP's)
   Only signaling mode routing GnuGK under IP=2.2.2.1 and
   only signaling mode routing GnuGK under IP=2.2.2.2

   Originator (1.1.1.1) =>
   GnuGK (2.2.2.1) => GnuGK (2.2.2.2)
   => Terminator (3.3.3.3)

   All FINE - no any problems.
4) PC with two IP's and two copy of GnuGK (binded to separate IP's)
   Full proxy mode (signaling+RTP) GnuGK under under IP=2.2.2.1 and
   only signaling mode routing GnuGK under IP=2.2.2.2

   Originator (1.1.1.1) =>
   GnuGK (2.2.2.1) => GnuGK (2.2.2.2)
   => Terminator (3.3.3.3)

   All FINE - no any problems.
5) PC with two IP's and two copy of GnuGK (binded to separate IP's)
   Only signaling mode routing GnuGK under IP=2.2.2.1 and
   full proxy mode (signaling+RTP) GnuGK under under IP=2.2.2.2

   Originator (1.1.1.1) =>
   GnuGK (2.2.2.1) => GnuGK (2.2.2.2)
   => Terminator (3.3.3.3)

   All FINE - no any problems.
6) PC with two IP's and two copy of GnuGK (binded to separate IP's)
   Full proxy mode (signaling+RTP) GnuGK under under IP=2.2.2.1 and
   full proxy mode (signaling+RTP) GnuGK under under IP=2.2.2.2

   Originator (1.1.1.1) =>
   GnuGK (2.2.2.1) => GnuGK (2.2.2.2)
   => Terminator (3.3.3.3)

   !!! VERY LARGE PROBLEM WITH QUALITY !!!

P.S. I can not bind single GnuGK it to 0.0.0.0 because Gk N1 and N2
have different tasks in real life. So I want to found solution for this bug.

Thanks in advance

Ivanov

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf