No CallRec found in CallTable

ok, here is what im having problems with.
i have a gatekeeper, registered as a perm endpoint, in print all registrations, it shows up as a
gateway. it has a dial prefix of 333, meaning it needs 333 and lets say 1 to place a call to the
pstn its GW is tied to to make a usa call.

[RasSrv::RewriteE164]
i have 1=3331

i have a  ata gateway registered with gnugk, if i dial 1xxx xxx xxxx for usa, calls works fine.
the rewrite makes 1 to 3331

i have another gatekeeper registered that has gateways registered with it. this gatekeeper is
registered with my gnugk as a perm endpoint also. i set up so that if the gw's registered with
this gk uses 2221 to dial usa.

in my gk, i also have
[RasSrv::RewriteE164]
2221=3331

when it tries to place a call, the call comes into my gk, i see the dialed number as 2221 xxx
xxx xxxx that is fine. i also see that it tries to rewrite it to 3331 xxx xxx xxxxx.
the next message is that

No CallRec found in CallTable

the call info seems the same, i also see the re-write number.

in brief i have

gw1----gk-----gnugk-----gk-----gw2---international termination

                  gw3

gw3 can call out international with re-write.

gw1 can not call gw3 with re-write.
gw1 can not call gw2 for international termination even with re-write.

im sure im missing something in the configs.

thanks in advance and regards
ray