Re: MysqlAliasauth.

In my previous mail I explained already your questions. See the updates
inline. I am happy for you that you compiled it well now..Tjapko.

----- Original Message -----
From: "chaye wala" <chayewala@yahoo.com>
To: <openh323gk-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 5:52 PM
Subject: Re:  MysqlAliasauth.

> Tjapko,
>
> Thanks for this information. I was able to compile and
> link a version of GNUGK with MYSQL support. What these
> two fields relate to?
> IDField=IPN  <= Is this the IP address of the calling
> gateway? [Use the RRQ Auth description of the manual to fill in the IP
address. like sigip:200.100.50.25:1720]

> PasswordField=Password  <= What should we use here.[ Use password ONLY if
your EP is h235 aware]
> Which field of the gateway corresponds to the
> password?
>
> On most of the H323 gateways, there is no password
> type field. I am assuming that one would use the
> gateway name as password for a certain IP address(used
> as IDField). What do you suggest? Or if someone has
> some intelligent suggestions. [ You can use both and even change the
gkauth.cxx to whatever query you like]

> I would like to authenticate using MySQL and plan to
> implement direct recording of records like
> CDR/ACF/ARJ/DCF/ to MYSQL database. Any help for this
> noble cause would be much appreciated. [Ever tried of reading the manual?
There is already a billing.pl in the etc that can be modifued to whatever
string you like to be exploded and saved into a file or a database. But you
need to study some Pearl for this. Use the DBD::mysql rpm for redhat 9 to be
able to import exploded strings from the status port mysql or else every
dbase you like.] Also check the new Fileacct option.

> Thanks,
> Farooq
>
> --- Tjapko Smits iTS Consultancy <itsc99@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello, I am certainly not a linux freak but this is
> > what I did to get the
> > stuff finally compiled under RH9 with MySQL support.
> >
> > MySQLPassword
> > authorizatio
> > There is no explanation in the manual that you
> > should use the rules as
> > described in RasSrv::RRQAuth when you use the
> > MySQLAliasAuth for matching
> > the Ip address.
> >

> > Hope this helps.....Tjapko.

> Welcome to geek heaven.