Coldfusion and gnugk

Hi,
Anyone has experience in develop coldfusion application to read data from gnugk's telnet port? I doing a project. I need to develop a monitoring system that staff can monitor the gnugk servers through IE browser. I planning to use coldfusion as the development tools. Anyone has any suggestions or idea for me?

Thanks,
Nicholas