Re: A Netmeeting on windows through a linux IPTables simple kind of config question that you've somehow made complicated...

 --- "Kevin B. Payne" <kevin88@mechcom.net> wrote:
> Please understand when I say this. I have spent most
> of my day wading through a plethora of crap trying
> to find the one simple solution which is just
> slightly out of reach.

Yeah, been there. I've never tried this with
NetMeeting, but I would guess that:

a) You need either TCP port 1721 open on the firewall,
or UDP ports 5010-5013 for registration. (No idea how
NetMeeting would try and talk to a Gateway. Check
which ports on your firewall are being targeted.)

b) Add an alias to your gatekeeper.ini file for your
NetMeeting user:

e.g.
[RasSrv::RRQAuth]
johnny=sigip:a.b.c.d:1720

where a.b.c.d is your user's static IP address. (Does
s/he have one?)

c) Allow this user to authenticate "by alias":

[Gatekeeper::Auth]
AliasAuth=required;RRQ
default=allow

OR, maybe NetMeeting allows you to authenticate by
password? GnomeMeeting uses the First Name/Last Name
from the Perferences/Personal Data tab to create a
username, so if Netmeeting does the same then run
addpasswd for Mr Johnny Golightly:

# addpasswd /etc/gatekeeper.ini "Johnny Golightly"
"password-text"

This will create an entry in your /etc/gatekeeper.ini
file that looks like this:

[Password]
Johnny Golightly=4834!6ds=

so reload your config and tell your Netmeeting user Mr
Johnny Golightly that whatever you set as
"password-text" is now his password.

Your corresponding Auth section would look like this:

[Gatekeeper::Auth]
SimplePasswordAuth=required;RRQ
default=allow

You can mix-and-match Auth methods, of course.

I hope this helps,
Cheers,
Chris