Re: [Openh323gk-users] GNUGK CDR Details

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 07:35 pm, Zygmuntowicz Michal wrote:
> > Is it possible to have the CDR record contain the q.931 Disconnect Cause
> > Code and other such STOP ACCOUNTING information ?
>
> It is the next thing that I am planning to add to the generic accounting
> framework.

IMHO gnugk should use the same billing format as one (or more) of the major
commercial vendors.

For instance it would be great to see a flat billing file in the same format
as Clarent and RADIUS accounting in the same format as Cisco.
This would allow gnugk to interoperate with billing systems that already
support these systems without code changes.

I may be will to help impliment some of this as I am planning on using gnugk
commercially (as soon as I can get it to compile without errors and run
without freezing....)

I am the VoIP billing maintainer for FreeRadius btw... It's not the prettiest
billing solution but I happily handle many millions of minutes per month with
it. Being able to mix gnugk with my cisco GKs and Clarent/Cisco GWs would be
a huge bonus...

--
Peter Nixon - Head CPhone Janitor
http://www.cphone.org/ - Cross platform VoIP client