RE: [Openh323gk-users] 2 folders

You will get two folders if you compile GNUGK as "make both".
In one forlder "obj_linux_x86_r" you will get gnugk file without any
embedded libraries
In second "obj_linux_x86_d" with embedded libraries.

If you compile as "make opt" you will get standard executive file without
embedded libraries ONLY.

So now, if you would like use gnugk (small size) from first directory as
system service you need have configure
right environments, or, if you have no installed PWLIB and OpenH323
libraries, use gnugk from second directory.

In your described case you need:
1) install pwlib and openh323 into root home folder as described on
http://www.openh323.org
2) put PWLib and OpenH323 environments into bash_profile file:
PWLIBDIR=$HOME/pwlib
export PWLIBDIR
OPENH323DIR=$HOME/openh323
export OPENH323DIR
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWLIBDIR/lib:$OPENH323DIR/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
3) compile GNUGk as described in documentation.
4) start gnugk.

Best regards,
oleg