Re: [Openh323gk-users] E.164 Rewrite & GWPrefixes

Tom,

If you have a prefix defined for a gateway you don't need aliases.

If you look at recommendation H.225.0 (RAS protocol) you will see that
there are seperate concepts for "prefixes" and "aliases".  In GnuGK
though these digit strings are put in a common table.

When a gateway registers (with RRQ) it should specify the prefix(es)
it provides coverage for.  Some gateways (or some configurations) may
send terminal aliases in the RRQ instead or in addition to prefixes.

In any event whether a gateway registered with a "prefix" or a terminal
"alias" it is treated equally in GnuGK.

If you want all calls to area code 212 to be sent to the gateway
H1_GW then you define it as:

	[RasSrv::GWPrefixes]
	H1_GW=212

Alternatively you could configure the gateway with this prefix and
allow gateways to register with a prefix:

	[RasSrv::RRQFeatures]
	AcceptGatewayPrefixes=1

There is no need for a terminal alias in this configuration.  The
purpose of a terminal alias is to define the end destination.  If
you had an IP telephone and it had two directory numbers assigned
to it it would register with two terminal aliases.  These would be
the entire directory number (i.e. 2125551234) and would end up in
GnuGK's "prefix" table.  They aren't really prefixes however they
match using the same rules.  If you also had a gateway defined as
above that gateway would be chosen for all other calls to area code
212.  The longer "prefix" (2125551234) would match calls to the IP
telephone and that destination would be chosen.

	-Vance