Re: [Openh323gk-users] memory leak problem

Yes, there must be some sort of issue with gnugk not releasing extended
memories after its usage.  That's why I'm thinking if there's anything
to do with threading in this problem.  (Correct me if I'm wrong, for
I'm not an expert in this area)

It happened to me once where the Gnugk stops responding and killed its
own process.  There were no indications (both the system logs and gnugk
log) on why it terminated its own process, but this only happened to me
once.

Raymond, I?m just wondering about your restart script on the gnugk, are
you simply writing a script to monitor the gnugk process based on
Cron??  Or are you using some other daemon to monitor and restart gnugk
when it is down?!?!  If a daemon is used, which one are you using?!?
Thanks for this info in advance!! :>

> Well, we are encountering worse symptom than you.  we have setup
daemontools
> to monitor the process and it's restart everyday.  There is nothing
in the
> log saids what caused the reset.   CPU performance is normaily 5-15%
only
> and memory is not a problem only about 5-8%.  but after many
restarts, it
> starts to eat up 512M memory.
>
> Raymond

CPU
> > processing power once in a while, resulting in a non-responsive
> > situation where calls can not be made, nor can I get any responses
from
> > a telnet session to the Gnugk.  (I'm running a PIII 1.7G CPU with
512
> > MB RAM)  I had to wait for a few minutes for the gnugk to finish
> > processing whatever it is doing before it goes back to normal
> > operation.  This doesn't happen too often, but it happens once in a
> > while, especially when I issue an "unregisterallendpoints" command
in
> > the telnet session.  Does this have to do with Memory leak?? Or does
> > this have to do with some threading issues?!?!
> >

> > > This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> > >

> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > we have encounter some problem when running gnugk in redhat 9 with
> > pwlib 1.4.11 and openh323 1.11.7, about 120 calls in the gatekeeper.
> > It's probably memory leaks somewhere.  anyone has this problem?
here
> > is the log:
> > >
> > > 2003/06/17 18:49:59.845 0             assert.cxx(105)   PWLib
Out
> > of memory at file /usr/local/src/pwlib/include/ptlib/array.h, line
434,
> > class (null)
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > Raymond
> > >

> > -----------------------------------
> > Cyber Kinetics Limited
> > Samuel Yeung | Project Manager
> > www.cbkn.net | samuel@cbkn.net
> > Office  (852)3426-8988
> > Fax:    (852)3426-4999

> > Attention Web Developers & Consultants: Become An INetU Hosting
Partner.
> > Refer Dedicated Servers. We Manage Them. You Get 10% Monthly
Commission!
http://www.inetu.net/partner/index.php