Re: [Openh323gk-users] about Radius

Teodor Georgiev wrote:
The many thousands of players on the prepaid VoIP market are one of the
biggest proofs that your are completely wrong.
They do work and make a lot of traffic and profit :)

They could be making more profit if they didn't have to have all of the administration and support that RADIUS requires.

What is really so hard since there are more than 100 VoIP prepaid billing
software packages?

And every single one of them is either dramaticly overcomplicated or only works with very specific gateway's.

Just think about it. What would you rather have:

Gateway ----> Radius server ----> Database

or

Gateway ----> Database

I certainly know which option is more complicated and has more of a potential for failure.

I run a major H.323, SIP and IAX VoIP termination service and there is not and will NEVER be a single RADIUS server in my network.

Jeremy McNamara