Re: GCJ ------ file type not supported by system

On Sep 3, 2014 12:13 PM, "Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia" <guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If someone wants to take the project, the best thing to do is to start
> > contributing patches. After all, how can the maintainer know if someone
> > is seriously willing to take his role if there lack of a serious and
> > recent contribution flow?

I've been eavesdropping on this bread a bit. Personally, I don't really care who is maintaining classpath, but I still use it regularly for embedded Java on several architectures.

There are even a few patches I've been using for years that I would like to get upstream as configurable features. I did submit these to the list, if I'm not mistaken,but never received any feedback. In particular,

1) a patch to allow mmaping special files (e.g. /dev/video0) via MappedByteBuffer FileChannel.map()
2) a patch that implements direct ByteBuffers (i.e. reducing the JNI overhead per-transaction) that extends the ability to CharBuffers, ShortBuffers, LongBuffers, etc.

If I am not able to get these patches upstream (even with some reworking), I'm effectively maintaining a fork, which I would rather not do.

A gift repository would, of course, be a welcome improvement :-)