Re: GCJ ------ file type not supported by system

On Wed, 2014-09-03 at 10:59 -0700, Per Bothner wrote:
> On 09/03/2014 09:35 AM, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> > What would you like me to do? How can I help ?
>
> More useful than updating Classoath per se would be creating
> a version of GCJ that uses OpenJDK's javac for compiling to bytecodes,
> and OpenJDK classes (or at least mostly so).  This is a big project,
> but has a chance of being useful and maintained.
>
> There may be licensing issues that should be considered before
> charging full steam ahead.
>
> I'm out of the loop, so I don't know if anything like that is happening.

This is happening (or has already). The code has been written by one of
the GCC GSoC students (now at Oracle) Dalibor Topic:
"Integrating OpenJDK's javac bytecode compiler into gcj "
https://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2007-gcc/downloads/detail?name=Dalibor_Topic.tar.gz&can=2&q=
Someone integrating that into mainline would be welcome I think.

Cheers,

Mark