Re: GCJ ------ file type not supported by system

> Hi,
>
> On 09/03/2014 05:35 PM, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,

>>> Your opinion has been noted.  Now, what do *you* intend to do to help?
>>
>> I am willing to help where possible. Sending patches or bugfixes is OK
>> (and I will do so if I come across any problems), but in my opinion
>> this does not address the real problem. For example *I* cannot update
>> the GNU Classpath page to list 0.99, and not 0.98, as the current
>> version.
>
> Almost all of GNU Classpath is under source control, and patches are
> welcome.  A new version of the web page is welcome.  Having said that,
> I don't have access to the web page, but I think we can get it.

I think updating the web page is badly needed. At least 0.99 should be
listed, and perhaps it would be good to add a pointer to the Git
repository -- I don't think CVS is very popular these days. Is the web
page itself under source control? How can I contribute patches or
updates to that?

>> What would you like me to do? How can I help ?
>
> I think I'd like people to fix problems when they find them.

Sure!

> "Update Classpath to Java 1.6." isn't a reasonable interim goal.

Now that OpenJDK is available, Classpath cannot just aim to be
"another OpenJDK". I think Classpath is a good match for embedded
systems. And in that environment, compatibility with the latest Java
versions is less important IMHO.

--
Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez@xxxxxxxxx