Re: [GSoC 2013] projects information

On Fri, 2013-04-12 at 12:21 +0300, Claudiu Olteanu wrote:
> My name is Claudiu Olteanu, I'm from Bucharest, Romania and I study at
> the University 'Politehnica' of Bucharest, the Faculty of Automatic
> Control and Computers Science. I'm a third year student and I would
> like to participate to GSoC this summer. After I took a look at the
> projects list I decided that it would be interesting and motivating to
> work on one of these projects :
> - Update the SQL interfaces
> - Update the JMX implementation
> - Add more ImageIO support
> - Add more sound support
>

> I will appreciate it if you give me more details about them and some
> advice that can put me on track.

Hello Claudiu,

Those areas are quite broad, so unless you have some more specific
questions is really difficult to give you any feedback.

What I can suggest is to get the latest Classpath from git and give it a
try and see what areas that can be improved are most of your interest.

I personally would like to see more sound and ImageIO support; for
sound, for example, we have a GStreamer pipeline, this could be improved
and also add MIDI support.

Anyway, all those areas are pretty interesting.

Cheers,
Mario