Re: classpath configure update?

On 17:45 Mon 28 Nov     , Andreas Tobler wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On 28.11.11 17:39, Mark Wielaard wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 09:50 +0100, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> >> I recently pushed a commit to gcc head and gcc-4.6 to fix the detection
> >> of FreeBSD-10.
> >>
> >> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2011-11/msg00886.html
> >>
> >> Now I see that I need to do that for libjava/classpath/configure too.
> >>
> >> My question, how do I do that? Means, can I simply commit the fix to the
> >> gcc/libjava/classpath and don't care about upstream classpath?
> >> Or how do I proceed?
> >
> > Upstream classpath doesn't check in generated files like configure, so
> > if it is just the generated files, then nothing has to be done. If you
> > have a patch against configure.ac then please just post it to
> > java-patches@xxxxxxxxxxx and/or classpath-patches@xxxxxxx and we take it
> > from there. For changes that only apply to libjava/gcj there is a
> > libjava/classpath/ChangeLog.gcj to track those.
>
> Well, it is a regenerated configure (which pulls in gcc toplevel
> libtool.m4 changes) and the config.rpath.
> For the former I need to dive into cp sources to see how it works. For
> the latter I guess it is a normal patch.

configure is only present in gcj's copy of GNU Classpath.  config.rpath will
need patching in GNU Classpath, so please post a patch to classpath-patches@xxxxxxx.

How does the change to configure persist if you don't change the source configure.ac?

--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
Contribute to GNU Classpath and IcedTea
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://icedtea.classpath.org
PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F  8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07