Re: [RFC/PATCH] Invokedynamic API stubs

Hi!

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Mark Wielaard <mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have to admit that I don't like putting in stubs. In the past we have
> decided to just leave things really unimplemented if we don't support
> it. And as you say it needs a bit more design thinking. So I would
> suggest you do this on a branch first (grmbl CVS...) and/or first try to
> spec it out against a jato VM implementation.

Sure, I want to start looking at implementing invokedynamic for Jato
which is why I implemented these stubs in the first place. I expect
that to take some time so the question is where to put the
work-in-progress implementation. I don't see any reason to keep it
stashed on my local hard disk but I have to admit I'm not entirely
happy with the idea of using CVS branches for it either...

I guess I could keep it on my Github mirror until I have something
concrete enough to be merged to trunk.

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Mark Wielaard <mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> BTW. John Rose has lots of background material online:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jrose/pres/

Thanks!

                        Pekka