James Gosling leaves Oracle

Sad news. Read this one:
http://www.businessweek.com/idg/2010-04-10/java-founder-james-gosling-leaves-oracle.html

James Gosling wrote in his blog
http://nighthacks.com/roller/jag/entry/time_to_move_on
that he have left Oracle on April 2nd.

Before there have already left the old CEO Jonathan Schwartz and Tim Bray the company.

Hopefully it don't end like with OpenGL. Since OpenGL is owned by the Khronos Group, I have the feeling, that the OpenGL evolution goes a lot slower on, then on times, where OpenGL was part of SGI (Silicon Graphics). Direct3D is not platformindependent, but much more advanced then OpenGL - even though on Windows 95/98 times, a lot of the Microsoft screensavers have used OpenGL instead of Direct3D.

And now it seems, the same will be with Java. I fear, that in the future .net dominates over the JVM.

Über Messenger günstiger telefonieren? Sagen Sie "Ja" zu JAJAH!