Re: GSOC Escher project

Il giorno mar, 06/04/2010 alle 22.49 -0300, Marcos Roriz ha scritto:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm a undergrad student from Brazil which loves FOSS and the Java
> Platform! I've already developed for a bunch of different VMs (Sun,
> phoneME, Squawk) and in my research I'm messing around with
> ClassLoaders, JNI on phoneME and Squawk. When I saw the Escher project
> I loved, it's really cool. I allways wanted to mess with X and Java!!!
> So guys, I'm thinking on making a proposal for GSoC on this topic! Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Marcos Roriz

Hi Marcos,

Wow, this is cool news!

Escher needs a lot of love, so I'm sure you will find something that you
would like to do :)

Please, let me know, you can find me on IRC, on the #classpath or
#openjdk channels.

There's no much time to propose a project, so we need to rush quite a
bit on that.

I'm CC'ing Micah Cowan, our organisation administrator, so that he knows
about your proposal. You need to submit this as part of the GNU project
proposals. Also, please note that slots may be limited too, so I cannot
guarantee that your proposal will be accepted, but it's definitely worth
a try!

Cheers,
Mario
--