RE: GNU Classpath - Creating RMI Package

> Hello.
>
> I'm totaly new to GNU Classpath. I'm a student currently working on my
> graduate therefore I hope you can help me with my question.
>
> I'm trying to get RMI run on the Google Android platform. Unfortunately
> the Java implementation of Android doesn't contain the RMI package.

Android uses Apache Harmony
http://harmony.apache.org/
as Java implementation. And that implementation is a lot behind GNU Classpath.

> Thus
> I try to help myself by using GNU Classpath's implementation. I wanted
> to add an RMI package (including all its dependencies) to my Android
> Java project. But even though I resolved all the dependencies still
> errors are left in the sources.

Why don't you use OpenJDK
http://www.openjdk.org/
Sun have published its own and original Java implementation as OpenSource as "OpenJDK" under the same license like GNU Classpath.
So, the a lot of developer changed also over from GNU Classpath to OpenJDK.
Some extensions for OpenJDK comes from GNU Classpath as IcedTea.
http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/Main_Page

But, where is the reason, still using a complete GNU Classpath? Where OpenJDK exists.

Greatings
Freddy BL

Kein Werbe-Blabla - hier klicken!