Re: Savannah has Mercurial!

Hi Andrew,

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 03:37 +0100, Andrew John Hughes wrote:
> I just noticed this announcement when submitting the news announcement
> for 0.97.2.

Thanks for doing 0.97.2. I see Michael Koch already pushed it into
Debian!

> What do people think to the idea of switching?  Maybe post 0.98?

I wouldn't object (although I don't really have trouble with CVS at this
point with classpath). So if enough developers think it is a positive
switch lets do it. We would be the second project on savannah though, so
expect some first adopter issues.

The only thing we have to really look out for is doing a good
conversion, some experimentation with hg convert and/or tailor might be
necessary.

Also a better understanding (best practices for) release branches would
be nice. I found the in-tree branching of mercurial somewhat confusing
at times, so it would be good to make sure we have clear guidelines for
those who want to do (release) branches on the tree would be nice.

Cheers,

Mark