Re: javah in 0.97+ -> trouble

2008/5/14 Michael Koch <konqueror@xxxxxx>:

> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 09:51:58AM +0200, Christian Thalinger wrote:
>  > On Wed, 2008-05-14 at 01:19 +0200, Robert Schuster wrote:
>  > > I would like to suggest the following way to fix this issue: The build
>  > > system should allow using the just built javah application being run
>  > > with a provided java executable. This would be less pain for me and
>  > > would probably also benefit other cross compilation efforts.
>  > >
>  > > E.g. --enable-builtin-javah should set the javah executable to some
>  > > script which is generated (perhaps from the real gjavah) which is run
>  > > with the java vm specified by --with-java.
>  >
>  > That sounds like a good idea.  It won't help in any situation but maybe
>  > in some.d
>
>  I would prefer if *releases* would contain generated header files.
>  This would make building on a new arch a lot easier.
>
>  Also would this remove the need to build the java parts on a new arch
>  where there is probably no javac yet.
>

>  Cheers,
>  Michael

I believe we talked about using the built javah as it's a fairly
obvious thing to do.  I definitely don't think we want to do this by
default because it would put even more dependence on the existing
Java environment, but we could look at an option for it.  The tools
would have to be built first in this case, using the host's existing class
library.

I think providing pre-generated headers for the release is more
urgent, and was surprised we didn't do this already.
--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA 7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8