Re: Building classpath with ecj

On 06/04/2008, mvfranz <mvfranz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  > This problem is frequent when ecj is used together with CACAO or Sun's
>  > virtual machines that have the memory limit set. From the listing, your
>  > system seems configured to use the Sun's 1.5 jre to run the ecj
>  > compiler. This problem never occurs with default setup that uses gij,
>  > because gij has no such memory limitations but I am not sure if gij is
>  > available under Mac OS.
>  >
>  > The ecj startup script does not respect the -J-X options. Check where is
>  > the script is with 'which ecj', then look into contents of that file. It
>  > is a text file in .sh format. The most straightforward way is to correct
>  > it manually, adding -J-Xmx768M at the place where the script invokes
>  > java virtual machine.
>  >
>  > Good luck
>  > Audrius
>  >

> I would like to fix this in the ecj script for OS X, however I spent the
>  afternoon trying to script something together that would strip -J parameters
>  and pass them to the JVM that runs ecj.  I get this to work for some
>  parameters but not others.  Sometimes quoting works sometimes it doesn't.
>
>  Is there an installation of ecj that handles the -J parameters correctly?
>  Anyone have bash scripts to handle this?
>
>  Michael
>
> --

I wrote a generic toolwrapper in C for IcePick which does that:

hg clone http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/icepick

It's used there to wrap javac, javadoc, apt, etc.
Classpath also includes something similar in tools/toolwrapper.c
.
--
Andrew :-)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8