Re: Building classpath with ecj

> This problem is frequent when ecj is used together with CACAO or Sun's
> virtual machines that have the memory limit set. From the listing, your
> system seems configured to use the Sun's 1.5 jre to run the ecj
> compiler. This problem never occurs with default setup that uses gij,
> because gij has no such memory limitations but I am not sure if gij is
> available under Mac OS.
>
> The ecj startup script does not respect the -J-X options. Check where is
> the script is with 'which ecj', then look into contents of that file. It
> is a text file in .sh format. The most straightforward way is to correct
> it manually, adding -J-Xmx768M at the place where the script invokes
> java virtual machine.
>
> Good luck
> Audrius

I would like to fix this in the ecj script for OS X, however I spent the
afternoon trying to script something together that would strip -J parameters
and pass them to the JVM that runs ecj.  I get this to work for some
parameters but not others.  Sometimes quoting works sometimes it doesn't.

Is there an installation of ecj that handles the -J parameters correctly?
Anyone have bash scripts to handle this?

Michael