Re: DatagramSocketImpl

I haven't explain myself correctly. This method is in DatagramSoctekImpl class. This class is abstract and java.net doesn't provide a concretization. How can I solve this?

thanks
joao

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Andrew John Hughes <gnu_andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26/03/2008, João Aguiam <joaoaguiam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to get the TTL of a Datagram Packet. I've found that the package
> java.net has an abstract class that has a method getTimeToLive. Do you know
> if this method do what I want? And how can I implement that class. I know
> gnu.java has a PlainDatagramSocketImpl class, althouth I can put it working
> well, I only need that class and not the all package and it use native
> methods. Any one has any idea how can I solve this?
>
> Thank you,
> João

You want the Time To Live (TTL) of a packet and you've found a method
called getTimeToLive.  I think you've answered your own question.
--
Andrew :-)

Document Freedom Day - March 26th
http://documentfreedom.org

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8